While I’ve probably heard a lot more than 10 lame excuses from home builders, while I was working as a subcontractor. Here’s the top 10 list and I hope you have fun reading it, because I had fun writing it.
1. I will pay you tomorrow, you can count on it. As a contractor who has worked for plenty of General Contractors, you can almost count on never getting paid on time.
2. I never signed that change order. This one isn’t very funny, especially if it’s a large change order.
3. I don’t have enough money in my bank account to pay you. This is usually followed by more excuses like, I’m waiting to get paid from the homeowner or their partner spent your money.
4. Let’s talk about this tomorrow, when I feel better. This usually means that they need more time to think, try to get them to talk about it today.
5. That’s too much money, you will need to lower your bid price, if you want the job. This is pretty standard talk for most general contractors, it doesn’t matter how much you charge them, they’re always going to try to get you to come down on your pricing
6. I thought you were going to order the windows. If you’re going to be installing the windows, make sure you know who’s ordering them. This could also create other problems with concrete, lumber and roofing materials.
7. I don’t have enough money to pay for lunch. Don’t get caught up in this scam. If the general contractor invites you out to lunch, leave your wallet in your truck. You could end up washing some dishes, but you will teach the contractor a valuable lesson.
8. I never said that, did I. this is the ultimate general contractor excuse and if it gets used more than once, you might consider purchasing a digital recording device.
9. I won’t be able to be here tomorrow. This one will usually get used around payday. If you’re supposed to get paid and your contractor uses this excuse, tell them that you won’t be there tomorrow either. This usually gets their creative juices flowing.
10. Last but not least, I’m not responsible for that, you are. This is why we have contracts and you had better read your contract, because a clever general contractor, who isn’t interested in using new again, could make your life miserable.
A little bitty humor and a little bit of pain, this is what the construction business feels like to me most of the time.
Buy Office 2019 Professional Plus Here for 9.99$ : https://ndwsmarket.com/product/microsoft-office-2019-professional-plus-for-windows-pc/
How much does Office 2019 cost?
See more on : NDWSmarket.com
Source by Greg Vandenberge